At 8850m Everest is the world’s tallest mountain and one of the most sought after mountaineering goals. Your team will embark on a simulated ascent of this extraordinary mountain. Participants, working together as a team, will create a vision of success and make the critical decisions needed to summit. During Conquering Everest you will follow Summit President Scott Kress’ 2008 climb of Everest when he became the 51st Canadian to summit. True stories, photos and video from the expedition will bring this program to life. The ultimate goal of this program is to demonstrate the power of team when embarking on a complex and challenging task. Consensus and commitment are the goals throughout this simulation- two things that are easy to understand but difficult to attain.
- Participants will work in small expedition teams
- A brief introduction sets the stage for the ascent with real stories & photos
- Each team will determine their vision of success
- Teams must collaborate to reach a single solution to an expedition related dilemma
- Group answers will be compared to the expert answers and the results will determine your level of success
- The session wraps up with additional expedition stories and photos which will give your team an amazing perspective that can only be found at the summit of Mount Everest