Team building training is designed to inspire groups of workers to communicate through events that are motivational and fun. Planned events can be used to access strong points in employee personalities, like skills in leadership. This can help the employee by giving him greater job satisfaction and the incentive to progress to his or her full potential.
Job satisfaction is an important part of employment. It is essential to feel worthwhile and a part of a team. Team building training can motivate a workforce and ensure they are at their most productive.
Team building training benefits the team as a whole as people who infrequently work together are forced to communicate. Participants often discover they enjoy the experience and continue to network & bond with different people back in the work environment. Those that have got along, now have to forget differences in order to overcome obstacles as they work together for a common goal.
Most workplaces contain allegiances between cliques and the divisions are often clear between these groups. Team building training assists in breaking down barriers and creating a forced interaction between the established cliques and creates opportunities for friendships to develop.
Reasons for Team Building Training
- Practicing effective partnership with team members
- Improving communication
- Improvement in team productivity
- Making the workplace more enjoyable for all
- Identify and utilize the strengths of team members
- Motivating a team
- Getting to know one another
- Assisting participants to learn more about themselves and their strengths and weaknesses.
- Getting everyone reading from the same page
- Teaching the team self-regulation strategies
Team Building promotes interpersonal skills like: negotiation, leadership and communication.
Types of Team Building
Communication Exercises, Problem Solving, Exercises, Decision Making Exercises, Planning and Adaptability Exercises and Trust Exercises.