TEAM BUILDING PROGRAMS
It is 10 am on a mid-August day and your plane has just crash-landed in the middle of the desert. You and your fellow passengers are all right, however, getting out of this situation in one piece is going to require some quick thinking and even more importantly- you must all work together to come up with a solution. If there’s one thing for certain, no one will make it alone. While scavenging the area, you discover a variety of items in the wreckage that could prove helpful – but deciding what to utilize and what to set aside could mean the difference between success and failure.
- Individuals will rank the various items available according to how critical they believe them to be
- Participants will then join their “survival groups” and collectively develop a plan based on the priority of each item using discussion, problem solving, decision making and consensus building
- Groups then compare individual and team performance to what the experts say to find out two very important things: “Would you have survived this ordeal?” and “How synergistic was your team during this challenge?
- Add on the Group Styles Inventory (GSITM) to develop greater understanding of your team’s areas of strength and challenges and to gain insight into your team’s culture
- Practice effective problem solving and group decision making skills
- Understand and value each person’s unique contribution to the team
- Develop team skills through interactive group activities and discussions